We Need Your Help
RIM is supported solely through the generous donations of people and businesses who want to help make a difference in the lives of Maine students. Your help provides:
- Team registration fees
- Classroom Kits for Teachers
- Replacement of Materials
- Maine Tournaments
- Teacher/Mentor Training
- Robotics Community Development
- Volunteer for Events (Technical expertise not required for many roles)
The saying "it takes a village" certainly applies to our community! The need is great, and every donation makes a difference! To make it easy, we have several different donation types we can accept:
Ready to help? That's great! You can fill out this form to make a donation online today, or fill out the Donate Later form if you'd prefer to donate offline.
Not ready to donate quite yet? Perhaps you have questions you'd like answered before committing? Maybe you're ready today, but would rather issue a PO or write a check? That's okay! Simply fill out this form and someone will reach out to you to see how we can help.
We rely on hundreds of volunteers every year to make robotics competitions in Maine a success! If you or your organization is looking for a way to spend time working with students, fill out this form and we'll connect you to teams or events looking for support! And don't worry - you don't need to be technically inclined to volunteer!
If you shop online, you can support RIM anytime you make a purchase!
Amazon will make a minimum donation of 0.5% of your total purchase each time you make an eligible purchase through Amazon Smile. Amazon Smile works just like classic Amazon, but you can choose a charity to support with your purchase! No price increases, no gimmicks. Just shop and help! Make sure you select the Robotics Institute of Maine as your charity of choice.
We've partnered with Giving Assistant, an online tool that enables you to donate with each purchase you make from over 3,000 different retailers. Need to buy some extra plywood for your robot at Home Depot? Use this link to navigate to Home Depot's online store, complete your purchase like normal, and RIM gets 4% of your purchase as a donation! Need to renew your website on Domain.com? Go through our Giving Assistant link to get to your familiar Domain.com webpage, and we'll receive 10% of your renewal costs! Got your eye on a new DJI drone? We'll see a donation if you use our link! Just a few extra clicks can really help us out. For that matter, you can even adjust your donation settings in your account to give us 75% of the donation, and you can see the other 25% as cash-back for you! Money back in your pocket, and easy support for our programs! Now that's a win-win.